BACON AND CHEESE BREADSTICKS
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Makes 12 breadsticks
- 1 Cheese Bread Mix
- 2 tablespoons macadamia oil
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 slices bacon, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 191 celsius Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cheese bread mix, macadamia oil, mozzarella cheese, eggs and water.
- Dump the mixture onto a clean work surface and knead until smooth.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions and roll into sticks about 7 or 8 inches long.
- Place the breadsticks on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Combine the Parmesan cheese and garlic powder on a plate.
- Wrap the breadsticks with the bacon, gently stretching the bacon as you do.
- Roll the breadsticks into the Parmesan mixture, return to the baking sheet and bake for another 20 minutes or until the bacon is cooked and the breadsticks crisp.