Baked scallops with a crispy panko and parmesan topping, and tossed in a little melted butter and lemon juice. An easy recipe for delicious baked scallops, with a wonderfully rich sauce of butter, lemon. If you can’t find bay scallops you can use shrimp, sea scallops or simply use a piece of fresh white fish. This delicious recipe is always a big hit, whenever I make it. It’s so rich, buttery and flavorful. Everyone raves about it and asks for seconds!
- 1 1/2 pounds bay scallops
- 2 tablespoons melted butter unsalted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- And 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne optional
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- minced scallions or parsley optional garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and have one 8 x 8 baking dish or four small ramekins ready to use.
- In a medium bowl, toss scallops with melted butter, lemon juice, garlic, salt and cayenne. Divide mixture evenly between ramekins or place in baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together panko, parmesan and olive oil. Sprinkle mixture evenly on top of scallops. Bake until bubbly and scallops are cooked through, about 20 minutes. Garnish with scallions or parsley to serve.