CARROT CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup raisins, 1/2 cup chopped walnuts(or any other nut), 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cups baking flour
- 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 4 eggs
- 6 Tablespoons macadamia oil
- 8oz mascarpone cheese room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 Tablespoons milk or cream
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix together the carrots, raisins, walnuts, coconut, baking flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Mix in the maple syrup, eggs, and macadamia oil until the batter is even.
- Pour the batter into a 12-inch cake pan and spread out evenly.
- Bake for 40 minutes until the cake rises and the center has cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely before frosting.
- To make the frosting, sift the powdered sugar into a bowl with the mascarpone.
- Add in the extract and milk and beat until completely mixed.
- Spread on top and around the sides of the cake.
- Garnish with extra nuts if desired.