CHEESY PASTA CASSEROLE
- 380g minced beef
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 200g canned tomato
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp italian seasoning mix
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, crushed
- 3/4 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 tsp red chili crushed
- 1 tbsp ketchup, optional
- 50g unsalted butter
- 50g cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1 cup milk
- Dried basil leaves
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded (as needed)
- In a wok or a pan heat oil.
- Add garlic and fry for 1 minute on medium heat and add chopped onion and fry until soft.
- Add salt and black pepper. Mix well.
- Add minced beef. Stir and cook well for 5 minutes or until it turns into a brown color.
- Add italian seasoning mix and canned tomato. Mix well.
- Cover and let simmer on low heat for 15-17 minutes.
- After that remove lid. Turn heat to high and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add parmesan cheese and red chili flakes.
- Taste and if needed add more salt, italian seasoning and ketchup.
- Turn off heat and set aside.
- With the help of a spatula mix well cooked pasta and beef mixture.
- In a large casserole or deep vessel spread a layer of bechamel sauce.
- Add half of the pasta/beef mixture.
- Add more bechamel sauce then place on top some grated mozarella cheese.
- Then layer it with the rest of the pasta, bechamel sauce and more grated mozarella cheese.
- Lastly sprinkle some dried basil leaves.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is fully melted.
- Serve warm!