CHOCOLATE PISTACHIO CHIA SHAKE
This Chia Shake topped with chia seeds, and pistachios is the perfect way to start your mornings! Besides, chocolate for breakfast is always a good idea! Begin your mornings with this delicious Chocolate Pistachio Chia Shake. It comes together in 10 minutes ad keeps you full for hours!
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk, plus more to thin if desired
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 3 whole medjool dates, pitted
- 1/3 cup roasted + shelled pistachios, plus more for topping
- 3 frozen medium + very ripe bananas, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened cacao powder
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt or use coconut milk yogurt for a vegan option
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl mix together the milk and chia seeds. Let this sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile add the pistachios and dates to the bowl of a food processor or high powered blender. Blend until the mixture becomes finely chopped and almost butter like, scraping down the side as you go. You want to get it as smooth as possible. I let the mixture blend for about 5 minutes.
- To the blender add the chia seeds + milk mixture, the frozen banana chunks, cacao powder, greek yogurt and vanilla extract. Blend until thick, creamy, and smooth, about 3-4 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the blender as needed. If the shake is too thick add more milk to your liking.
Source: Half Baked Harvest