Make Clam Chowder with Japanese House White Cream Stew Mix for everyone at home.
Japanese House White Cream Stew Mix is suitable for the whole family. Packed so full of flavour that there was no room left for any of the common allergens! This House Vermont pack contains three sachets of powdered cream stew, made with chicken, pork, and onion for a rich savoury flavour. Made without using any wheat, milk, egg, peanut, buckwheat, prawn or crab, this cream stew is as allergen-friendly as it is delicious. Serve up for an easy dinner.
Clam Chowder is easier to make than you think – especially with Japanese House White Cream Stew. Enjoy a bowl of unbelievably creamy and flavourful clam chowder even at home.
Serve 4 with a Cooking Time of 20 mins.
- 2 sachets of Japanese House White Cream Stew
- ½ cup bacon, chopped
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- ¼ cup celery, chopped
- 1½ cups potatoes, diced
- 1 cup cooked clams, chopped
- 1 cup clam juice
- 3 cups milk
- 2 tsp. water
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- White pepper to taste
- In a pot set to medium heat, cook bacon. Once done, turn the heat off and remove the bacon from the pot.
- Keep some of the bacon greased in the pot. Set it over medium heat and add onion and celery.
- Sauté onion until it becomes translucent; then add milk, clam juice, and potatoes.
- Once milk begins to simmer, add Japanese House White Cream Stew sachets and stir until they completely dissolve.
- Let potatoes cook for 20 minutes or until done.
- Combine cornstarch and water to make a slurry. Whisk the slurry into the chowder and let it thicken.
- Add clams, bacon and white pepper to taste. Remove from heat and serve.