Classic French Toast
The classic french toast is delightfully quick and easy. Whenever you have a day-old bread in the house, this is always the recipe you should look into. The eggs make it nice and rich, and cinnamon fill it with a warm flavour. Topping it with whatever fresh fruits you have in the fridge, it will go perfect with your french toast.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup almond milk, or any milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- 8 slice of bread
- coconut oil, for brushing
- maple syrup for serving
- choice of fruits (if any)
In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, cinnamon, and salt. Dip each slice of bread into the mixture and set the soaked bread aside on a large tray or plate. Heat a non-stick skillet to medium heat and brush with coconut oil. Add the bread slices and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Reduce the heat to low as needed to cook thoroughly without burning. Serve with maple syrup and your choice of fruits.
French Toast is so delicious and you should at least make this once a month. It can go from sweet to savoury.
Here are some ingredients you can eat french toast with!:
- Bacon. Who does not like bacon? Your stack of French Toast will taste even better with a bite of bacon on the side. For a little extra crunch, top off your French Toast with bacon bits
- Scrambled Eggs. Make your eggs more rich and fluffy by adding in a bit of milk. To kick things up a notch, add some cheese to your scrambled eggs so every bite is sweet and savoury.
- Banana. Banans are the perfect nutritious treat to add to your French Toast. Bananas are filling enough to keep your cravings at bay.
- Peanut Butter. Turn French Toast into a sandwich with a spread of peanut butter and add some bananas!
- Nuts. Simply sprinkle crushed nuts on top of your French Toast!