Corn Soup With Smoked Sausage
Smoked Sausage Corn Soup is a fantastic hearty dinner that is bursting with flavour. As you may know, corn soup always goes well with bread, side salad or a main dish. To make your corn soup tastier with an extra boost of flavour, you can feature it with Smoked Sausage. This delicious corn soup is basically a recipe kicked up. Adding smoked sausage to the soup adds lots of wonderful flavours! It also makes it a meal, an inexpensive hearty meal that will feed and satisfy your family especially children. Delicious, hearty, and easy to make!
Ingredients: for 1-2 pax
- 100g sausage; sliced in rounds
- 10 small fresh chanterelle mushrooms (optional)
- 1 medium potato
- 2 cobs fresh corn (optional)
- small bunch fresh thyme
- handfull of fresh chives
- 1 bay leave
- salt and pepper as needed
- 1 pack of Japanese Nishikiya Corn Soup
- Slice the farmer’s sausage into rounds. Sauté until lightly browned on both sides. Set aside.
- Carefully clean the chanterelles. Sauté in butter until slightly soft. Set aside.
- Peel and cube potatoes. Boil with water in a separate pot until just soft. Set aside.
- Simmer Japanese Nishikiya Corn Soup, sausage, potato, corn, three sprigs fresh thyme, bay leave on low for 10 minutes. Stir it.
- Remove bay leaves and sprigs of thyme. Add half and half to the chowder and heat without boiling. Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, put chanterelles into a bowl and ladle soup over them. Garnish with picked fresh thyme leaves and chopped chives.