Crispy Tiger Prawns
Crispy Tiger Prawns – Hopefully wherever you are, spring is just a little bit in the air. Here’s a dish perfectly suited to an afternoon spent ‘outdoors-with-a-beer-and-a-cheeky-little Riesling’. Perfect for when you have a few friends over.
- 15 Tiger prawns, peeled with tails on
- 75g Frying Flour
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 tsp cumin seeds, lightly crushed
- Zest of a lemon
- Salt and Pepper
- 4 tbsp bread crumbs
- 3 egg, beaten
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Tomato salsa or any suitable sauce for serving
- Start this recipe mixing together the frying flour mix, cumin, lemon zest with ½ tsp salt and lots of black pepper.
- Spread over a plate.
- Toss the prawns in the flour, then dip them into the egg and then into the bread crumbs.
- Shake off the excess crumbs.
- When ready to cook, heat the oil in a large, deep frying pan.
- The oil is hot enough when a few crumbs tipped into it sizzle and turn brown.
- Fry the prawns in batches for 30 seconds to a minute until the crumbs are crisp and golden all over.
- Lift them onto kitchen paper to drain for a minute or two.
- Serve the warm breaded prawns with the tomato salsa alongside whilst still warm.