Follow this gluten free crusty bread recipe to make a fresh crusty loaf with a soft white inside. Perfect for toasting and also freezing once baked.
- 1 packet (410g) Crusty Bread Mix.
- 2 tbsp. oil (40ml) (your choice)
- 1 3/4 cups (440ml) of warm water
- Sachet of dry yeast (included in box).
Note: We do not recommend using an electric mixer for this Crusty Bread Recipe.
Method for Crusty Bread Recipe
- Preheat your oven to 215°C (200°C fan forced)
- In a large bowl combine water and yeast and stir to dissolve. Add the oil and crusty bread mix and stir with a wooden spoon until all ingredients are well combined, leave the dough to prove for 10-15 minutes.
- Dust your bench with flour (rice flour works well), and turn your dough onto the floured surface, lightly dip spatula in oil to scrape out any dough in the bowl.
- Lightly coat your hands with oil and gently knead 1-2 minutes and shape the dough as desired.
- Place loaves/ rolls on prepared baking tray, brush with water to prevent cracking and prove for 50 minutes (or until doubled in size) covered with a damp tea towel.
Brush surface with oil and set to bake for 25-30 minutes.