Fluffy Steamed Bread
Go crazy and add whatever flavour you like to them. They are soft and definitely kid-friendly. Make lots of colourful flavours and it’s a great idea to serve for children’s birthday parties! They’ll be a hit!
Material for 3 people
- Japanese Namisato Bread Mix – 180g
- Baking powder – 8g
- Egg – 1 large piece at room temperature
- Milk – 60ml
- Sugar – 80g
- Honey – 1 tablespoon
- Raisins / Chocolate Chips – Appropriate amount / Optional
- Combine Namisato Bread Mix and Baking Powder together.
- Mix Egg, Milk, Sugar and Honey well.
- Get ready Ramekin / Aluminium Cases / Suitable Glass Ware on the cocotte.
- Blend flour mixture and egg mixture thoroughly.
- Pour the dough mixture to the 3/4 mark of the Ramekin / Aluminium Cases / Suitable Glass Ware. Add in the raisins/chocolate chips.
- Pour about 4 cm of water into a deep pan and when the water is boiling, place the Ramekin / Aluminium Cases / Suitable Glass Ware in. Be careful not to let moisture enter the bread mixture.
- Cover with a lid. To prevent water droplets from entering the dough mixture, you can wrap the lid with a towel. (Please be extra careful not to let the towel loosen and catch fire).
- Steam for 10 minutes to finish!