Fluffy Steamed Bread
Fluffy Steamed Bread can come in a variety of flavours. From traditional ones like plain to interesting ones like green tea, sweet potato or even chocolate and cheese flavoured bread.
Go crazy and add whatever flavour you like to them. They are soft and definitely kid-friendly. Make lots of colourful flavours and it’s a great idea to serve for children’s birthday parties! They’ll be a hit!
Material for 3 people
- Japanese Namisato Bread Mix – 180g
- Baking powder – 8g
- Egg – 1 large piece
- Milk – 60ml
- Sugar – 80g
- Honey – 1 tablespoon
- Raisins / Chocolate Chips – Appropriate amount
- Combine Namisato Bread Mix and Baking Powder together.
- Mix Egg, Milk, Sugar and Honey well.
- Get ready Ramekin / Aluminium Cases / Suitable Glass Ware on the cocotte.
- Blend flour mixture and egg mixture thoroughly.
- Pour the dough mixture to the 3/4 mark of the Ramekin / Aluminium Cases / Suitable Glass Ware. Add in the raisins/chocolate chips.
- Pour about 4 cm of water into a deep pan and when the water is boiling, place the Ramekin / Aluminium Cases / Suitable Glass Ware in. Be careful not to let moisture enter the bread mixture.
- Cover with a lid. To prevent water droplets from entering the dough mixture, you can wrap the lid with a towel. (Please be extra careful not to let the towel loosen and catch fire).
- Steam for 10 minutes to finish!