Gluten Free Almond Butter Noodles
These Gluten Free Almond Butter Noodles are deliciously creamy, quick and simple to prepare. Packed with a rainbow of vegetables, this recipe is a great option of a quick weeknight dinner when you are craving for something fresh, filling and tasty!
- 150g noodles
- 120ml almond butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon oil for frying
- 2 teaspoons ginger grated or finely minced
- 2 cloves of garlic finely minced
- 1/2 medium medium red onion thinly sliced
- 1 head (about 500g) of broccoli cut into florets
- 1 large red pepper thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot peeled and thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- 2 green onions sliced
- A sprinkling of sesame seeds optional
- Cook the noodles according to the package directions and set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the almond butter, soy sauce, lime juice, sugar and water.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the oil, ginger, garlic and red onion and stir-fry until soft and fragrant. Add the broccoli and stir fry until just about soft, then add the red pepper and carrot.
- Stir-fry until you reach the desired consistency for your veggies.
- Turn off the heat and add the noodles and sauce to the pan and toss to combine everything together. Taste and add salt if necessary.
- Serve in bowls and sprinkle over some sliced green onion and sesame seeds, if desired.