Gluten-Free Banana Bread
This gluten-free banana bread is just as good as the traditional version: sweet and moist. It’s perfect as is, or with a smear of cream cheese.
YIELD: 1 loaf
- 1/2 cup (99g) vegetable oil or 8 tablespoons (113g) butter, melted
- 1 cup (213g) brown sugar, packed
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups (454g) mashed ripe banana (about 4 1/2 medium bananas)
- 2 1/4 cups (269g) King Arthur Gluten-Free All-Purpose Baking Mix*
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon optional
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, optional
- 3/4 cup (85g) chopped walnuts, optional
- 1 tablespoon sparkling white sugar, optional
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9″ x 5″ loaf pan.
In a large bowl, stir together the oil or melted butter and sugar.
Add the eggs, mixing until well blended.
- Add the mashed banana, baking mix, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg all at once, mixing until blended.
- Stir in the walnuts.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle with sparkling sugar, if desired.
- Allow the batter to rest 10 minutes.
- Bake the bread for 45 minutes, then gently lay a piece of aluminum foil across the top, to prevent over-browning.
- Continue to bake until the top springs back and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean or with a few wet crumbs clinging to it, an additional 20 to 25 minutes.
- Allow the bread to cool for 10 minutes in the pan. Run a table knife around the edges, turn it out of the pan, and cool completely on a rack.
Serving size: 1 slice (75g)
Servings per batch: 16
Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 210
- Total fat: 8g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Trans fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 35mg
- Sodium: 180mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 33g
- Dietary fiber: 2g
- Total sugars: 17g
- Protein: 2g