Classic gluten-free banana muffins. Make them with or without chocolate chips and nuts. This easy one-bowl recipe comes together in just minutes!
Gluten-Free Banana Muffins
- 2 cups Gluten-Free Baking Flour (9 ounces/ 260 grams)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup lightly packed dark brown sugar (5 1/2 ounces/ 155 grams)
- 3 medium very ripe bananas (about 15 ounces/ 425 grams)
- 2 large eggs, whisked (about 4 ounces; 113 grams)
- 1/2 cup oil or (1 stick) butter, melted and slightly cooled (4 ounces; 113 grams)
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips, optional (3 ounces; 85 grams)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional (3 ounces, 85 grams)
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.. Grease or line 15 standard size muffins cups with paper liners.
2.In a large bowl, mash the bananas with a fork or potato masher. Add brown sugar, oil, and eggs. Add the gluten-free flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix until combined. Add chocolate chips and nuts if using. Fill prepared muffin cups halfway with batter.
3.Bake for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes; remove from pan and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
4.Store, wrapped, on the counter for up to three days or freeze for up to three months.