This gluten free oatmeal raisin cookie recipe is ALSO the THE BEST OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIE RECIPE, EVER! Tall order, I know, but even non-gluten free friends have raved about how moist and chewy these treats are! Try for yourself and let me know!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 2-3 dozen cookies
- 1/2 cup butter or non-dairy alternative
- 1/2 cup granulated cane sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup natural (no sugar added) applesauce OR 2 eggs and reduce baking powder ingredient to 2 teaspoons
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup All Purpose Gluten Free Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder *(reduce to 2 teaspoons if using 2 eggs in place of applesauce)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups Gluten Free Oats
- 1/2 cup baking raisins*
*If your raisins are hard or you just prefer super soft raisins in your cookies, cover 1/2 cup of raisins with water in a saucepan with a cinnamon stick (optional) and bring to a boil. Boil gently for one minute, stirring so they do not stick to the bottom of the pan. Drain, then add to your recipe!
Cream the sugars and butter until light and fluffy. Add applesauce or eggs and thoroughly incorporate into the batter. Stir in the vanilla last.
In a separate bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients (except oats), mixing well. Gradually stir into the creamed mixture until integrated. Add in the oats and raisins.
Preheat oven to 350° F (static) or 325° F (convection).
Scoop the dough into tablespoon-sized balls and place at least 2 inches apart on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. If the dough is too sticky to roll, either scoop without rolling, or refrigerate or freeze until very cold before baking.
Bake for 8 – 10 minutes, or until light brown.
If you can wait, let them cool on a wire rack before removing.
Yield: 2-3 dozen cookies.