Grilled Fish with Spicy Pineapple Salsa
Grilled Fish with Spicy Pineapple Salsa – This elegant yet incredibly easy preparation uses almost all the parts of pineapple to yield tasty fillets of bass or snapper. Besides that, the pineapple’s peel acts as a buffer against the direct heat of the grill, preventing overcooking and keeping the fish moist, and its flesh becomes a tasty salsa that brings home the island flavours.
- 1 ripe pineapple
- One 2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus more for brushing
- 2 ripe plum tomatoes, seeded and diced. You can choose to substitute it with our allergen free sauce.
- 1 small orange bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium jalapeno, chopped (seeded, for less heat, if desired)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Four 6-ounce skinless fillets bass or snapper
- First of all, prepare a grill for medium-high heat. Cut the top from the pineapple and discard. And also cut the sides off to make 4 flat planks. Finely dice the pineapple flesh (discard the core) and put it in a medium bowl.
- Finely grate the ginger and add half to the bowl with the pineapple; reserve the rest. Add the cilantro, oil, tomatoes, bell pepper, jalapeno, lime juice and onion to the diced pineapple. Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt, then toss well and refrigerate while you make the fish.
- Also, stir the soy sauce and honey together with the remaining ginger in a small bowl. Brush the fish with oil and sprinkle lightly with salt and the tops (the flesh side) of the pineapple planks with some of the soy sauce mixture and place the fish fillets on top of the planks. Brush the remaining soy sauce mixture on the tops of the fillets, folding the thinner part of the fillets under if needed to fit on the plank.
- Besides that, place the pineapple planks on the grill, cover and cook until the fish is just cooked through 15 to 20 minutes. Serve the fish on the planks topped with some of the salsa. Also, serve the remaining salsa on the side or reserve to serve with chips. Enjoy your Grilled Fish with Spicy Pineapple Salsa!