Hearty Chicken Pumpkin Soup
Hearty Chicken Pumpkin Soup is the perfect soup for your family especially children. Pumpkin soup always goes well with bread, sandwich, salad or a main dish. To make your pumpkin soup more tasty, you can feature it with Chicken. Cream and cheese are stirred in at the end for added richness. Pumpkin is at it’s best when it’s whipped into this creamy soup. The pumpkin flavor is pretty subtle and it can stand it’s own as a dinner. One interesting thing about this soup is the addition of the chicken which makes it more of a filling meal, along with the veggies, and eliminates the need for side dishes. Delicious, hearty, and easy to make!
Ingredients: 1-2 pax
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp chopped onion
- 1 tsp diced celery
- 1 tsp diced carrots
- minced garlic
- 1 cup cooked shredded chicken breast
- freshly ground black pepper
- finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tsp cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 bag of Japanese Nishikiya Pumpkin Soup or Celebrate Health Organic Pumpkin & Sweet Potato Soup
- Heat olive oil in dutch oven or pot over medium heat.
- Add onion, celery and carrots, stirring and cooking for about 10 minutes, until softened.
- Stir in garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add Japanese Nishikiya Pumpkin Soup, chicken, pepper and cilantro.
- Stir to combine. When hot, stir in cheese to melt. Taste and season accordingly with additional seasonings if desired.
Note: If you don’t like cilantro, slice up some green onions to replace. They’ll offer a nice freshness and a pop of green color to replace the cilantro.