Importance of Sun Protection
Not many people know the importance of sun protection. Even on a cloudy day, you will need sun protection! Do not underestimate the dark clouds over your head as the sun rays still pierce through the clouds (up to 80%).
Here are 5 important reasons why you should always have sun screen or sunblock on before leaving the house.
- It lowers your skin cancer risk. Skin cancer is the most common form of cancer in Asia. With our hot weather and always sunny weather, it is not surprising that it is the most common form of cancer. Furthermore, by applying sunscreen each day, you cut your risk of contracting skins cancers by half.
- It protects your skin from UV rays. With the ozone layer depleting, this has increased our risk of sun damage from harmful UV rays. Sunscreen blocks these rays and also reduce the likelihood of sunburn.
- It helps to maintain an even skin tone. Sunscreen helps prevent discoloration and dark spots from sun damage. Also, it helps you maintain a smoother and more even skin tone. Additionally, it is also important to note that pigmentation are caused by UV rays.
- It prevents premature aging of the skin. Sun damage from UV rays cause photoaging of the skin. It is characterized by a thick leathery look; discolouration and a breakdown of collagen in which contributes to lines, sagging and wrinkles.
- You can get it even when you are indoors. UV rays can pass through windows and enter your home. If you are sitting near to a window, you may want to apply a little bit of sunscreen just to ensure that you are completely protected from the UV rays.
Did you know: Sunscreen should be reapplied every two hours. Especially after swimming or sweating. However, keep in mind that there is no sunscreen that is perfect. Additionally, wearing protective clothing and sunglasses will help you increase your chances to get protected from the sun!
Check out our range below!