Japanese Allergen Free Hayashi Stew
This hearty and delicious Japanese Allergen Free Hayashi Stew is served with steamed rice and only exists in Japan despite it’s a Western-style dish. This hayashi stew recipe with our Japanese Hayashi Stew Mix will have you covered. Furthermore, Hayashi Rice Stew is a ‘yoshoku’ dish (a Japanese dish heavily influenced by Western cuisine) made from tender beef and fresh vegetables with a tomato-rich demi glace sauce.
- 35g Japanese Tomato Hayashi Stew Mix
- 500-600ml water depending on preferred thickness
- 200g finely sliced beef
- Vegetables (optional)
- Japanese Rice
- To prepare this fabulous dish, you’ll need some fluffy Japanese rice. Please check out our Japanese Microwaveable Rice which you can eat it just by warming it up in a microwave for 3-5 minutes.
- Whilst your rice is heating, cut all ingredients into bite-sized pieces. Stir-fry meat and vegetables with oil in a large skillet on medium heat for approx. 5 min.
- Then, add water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until ingredients are tender, approx. 15 mins.
- Turn the heat off, add Japanese Hayashi Stew Mix to the skillet. Stir until sauce mixes are completely melted. Simmer approx. 5 min., stirring constantly.
- Pour into the pot. Garnish rice and your favorite vegetables.
Tips: You can keep your hayashi stew in the fridge for a few days, try using it as a delicious sauce for other meals such as a Japanese Omurice. Feel free to top the rice with some peas or parsley to add a splash of colour.