Japanese Allergen Free Hayashi Stew
This hearty and delicious Japanese Allergen Free Hayashi Stew is served with steamed rice and only exists in Japan despite it’s a Western-style dish. This Hayashi stew recipe with our Japanese Hayashi Stew Mix will have you covered. Furthermore, Hayashi Rice Stew is a ‘yoshoku’ dish (a Japanese dish heavily influenced by Western cuisine) made from tender beef and fresh vegetables with a tomato-rich demi-glace sauce.
Ingredients for 4 servings:
- 35g Japanese Tomato Hayashi Stew Mix
- 500-600ml water depending on preferred thickness
- 200g finely sliced beef
- Vegetables (optional)
- Japanese Rice
- To prepare this fabulous dish, you will need some fluffy Japanese rice. Please also check out our Japanese Microwaveable Rice which you can consume by warming it up in a microwave for 3-5 minutes.
- Whilst your rice is cooking, cut all ingredients into bite-sized pieces. Then stir-fry meat and vegetables with oil in a large skillet on medium heat for approx. 5 min.
- Then, add water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until ingredients are tender, approx. 15 mins.
- After turning the heat off, add Japanese Hayashi Stew Mix to the skillet. Stir until sauce mixes are melt completely. Simmer approx. 5 min., stirring constantly.
- Pour into the pot. Garnish rice and your favourite vegetables.