Craving for a steamy bowl of hot noodle soup? This Beef Udon, my-go-to Japanese comfort dish is absolutely heart-warming. Tender sliced beef on top of slippery warm udon noodle in a savory broth. What’s not to love?
- 2 packages frozen Udon (use frozen or thawed)
- 4 cups Dashi (960ml)
- 1/4-1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Sake
- 4 green onions (thinly and diagonally cut)
- shichimi (hot pepper powder)
- Make seasoned beef. Cut sliced beef into large pieces. Slice onion thinly. Cut ginger into thin match stick pieces.
- Heat oil in a frying pan at medium heat, and add beef. When the beef turns color, add ginger and onion, and cook until soft. Then add sugar, Soy Sauce, Sake, and water, and cook for 2-3 minutes. Let cool in the pan.
- Make Udon. Cut green onions thinly and diagonally. Set aside.
- Heat Dashi to a boil. Add salt, soy sauce, Sake. Add Udon to the soup and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes (If Udon is frozen, cook a couple of minutes longer.).
- Assemble.Divide noodles and soup into bowls and top with beef and green onions. Sprinkle with shichimi if you like.