Japanese Curry Udon Soup – Warm up your insides the Japanese way with curry udon. A combination of old and new Japanese cooking, curry udon consists of udon noodles mixed with Japanese curry sauce and tsuyu to make a hearty, warming noodle soup with all of the rich flavour of katsu curry. Try this easy noodle recipe when you’re short on time but don’t want to compromise on flavour.
- To make your Curry Udon, start by cutting the onion, potato and carrot into small chunks before adding them to a pan filled with 120ml water for a spoon of curry powder.
- Bring the water to the boil and then simmer for 20 minutes or until the vegetables soften.
- Add 2-3 spoon of curry powder (depending on quantity of water) to the pot and allow to simmer for 10 minutes. Keep stirring until the curry sauce is thick and smooth.
- Add 4 tablespoons of tsuyu soup stock to 400ml water and boil in a separate pan to make the noodle soup.
- Boil the udon noodles in hot water for a few minutes before draining well in a colander.
- Place your cooked udon noodles in a bowl, add the noodle soup and then your curry sauce on top. Finally, garnish with sliced spring onions and serve immediately.