Japanese Okonomiyaki Pancakes
Japanese Okonomiyaki Pancakes – Okonomiyaki (literally means ‘grilled as you like it’) is a savoury version of Japanese pancake, made with flour, eggs, shredded cabbage, meat/ protein and topped with a variety of condiments. Better known as ‘Japanese pizza’ in the US, you can definitely prepare the filling and toppings however you like it. Therefore it is a wonderful way to use up your leftovers!
In addition, among all the Osaka speciality, Takoyaki (たこ焼き) and Okonomiyaki (お好み焼き) are most well-known. Today I’m sharing my favourite Okonomiyaki recipe with you so you can make this popular dish at home! Also, Okonomiyaki is sometimes called “Japanese savoury pancake” or “Japanese pizza” by non-Japanese speakers, but personally, I think it’s more like a dish between pancake and frittata.
- Japanese Takoyaki & Okonomiyaki Mix 210g
- cabbage ( cooked coarsely): 300g
- green onion: 20g
- pork belly: 100g
- water: 150cc
(1) Put water, cabbage, green onion in a bowl, sprinkle okonomiyaki mix on top and mix well with chopsticks.
(2) Spread the dough to a thickness of 1.5cm, bake and place pork belly (160 degrees for 4 minutes).
(3) Turn it over and steam it (3 minutes).
(4) Turn over again and blow off steam (2 minutes).
(5) Complete on a plate with a special sauce comes together with the Japanese Takoyaki & Okonomiyaki Mix 210g