- ¾ cup sake
- Alternatively, use White Wine to replace sake
- 1 Tbsp ginger (julienned)
- 1.5 lbs Manila Clams/Littleneck Clams(de-grited, see Notes)
- 1 dried red chili pepper
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 green onion/scallion (chopped)
- In a large frying pan, add the sake and ginger and bring it to a boil. Alternatively, use White Wine to replace sake.
- Add the clams and a red chili pepper. Place the lid and steam on high heat for a few minutes until all the clams open.
- Remove the lid and add freshly ground black pepper and green onion. Shake the pan to make sure the clams are not over-lapping each other.
- Serve with the soup and eat while warm.