Japanese Yakisoba Fried Noodles
Take yourself to the summer festivals and fairs in Japan with this Japanese Yakisoba Fried Noodles recipe. Yakisoba is made by tossing egg and noodles with sliced meats and vegetables and lashings of special yakisoba sauce. What distinguishes Yakisoba from other Asian stir-fried noodles is this special sauce, which is sweet and a little bit tangy. Quick and easy to make, hence this recipe makes delicious Japanese food at home.
Yakisoba is one of the popular street foods in Japan. You will always find Yakisoba stalls during festivals. At the stalls, a large quantity of noodles is cooked on a huge iron plate. And when you buy, your portion is taken directly from the iron plate and served hot.
- 1 portion yakisoba noodles
- 2 tbsp yakisoba sauce
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 50g pork
- 1/2 onion
- 1/8 white cabbage
- 1/4 green pepper
- 1 small carrot
- powdered seaweed
- pickled shredded ginger
- dried bonito flakes (optional)
How To Prepare
- Begin by cutting the pork into small slices. Cut the carrots and pepper into thin slices and roughly chop the onion and cabbage.
- Stir fry the pork until browned, then add the other vegetables except for the cabbage and cook until tender.
- Add the cabbage after the other vegetables are ready.
- Add the noodles to the pan, then mix together while adding the yakisoba sauce.
- Once it is ready, sprinkle over powdered seaweed and top with shredded pickled ginger. For extra flavour, you can add dried bonito flakes and mayonnaise.