5-Inch Matcha Mille Crepes Cake
(For Matcha Cream)
200g Whipping Cream
3tsp Matcha Powder
Make Matcha Crepes
- Sift matcha powder and all-purpose flour into a large bowl.
- Add in sugar and mix briefly.
- Whisk milk, eggs and melted butter together.
- Combine dry(1) and wet(2) ingredients. The mixture should be quite thin, add more milk as needed to reach the right consistency.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat, lightly grease with oil.
- Turn heat down to low, pour mixture onto frying pan and quickly (VERY quickly) swirl it around to form a round shape, then let it cook for around 30 seconds.
- When the crepe bulges and little air bubbles appear, carefully flip with a spatula and cook for approx. 30 seconds more. Repeat till you have at least 20 pieces of crepes.
(If your crepes brown too quickly, your pan is too hot. Place it on a wet towel to cool down.)
- Leave crepes to cool at room temperature.
Make Matcha Cream
- Place bowl over ice cubes and pour in whipping cream.
- Beat whipping cream on low, when air bubbles appear, gradually add in sugar.
- Sift in matcha powder and continue to beat on medium-high speed till it forms stiff peaks.
- Assemble Crepe Cake. Take a 5″ cake pan or plate, place it on top of crepes and cut away the edges.
- Spread matcha whipped cream onto a piece of crepe then place another layer on top. Repeat till you have at least 20 layers.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least six hours. (Recommended but not a must.)