Nut-free Chicken Satay Skewers
**We have Gluten Free Thai Peanut Sauce too!
- 1 lemongrass stalk (white part only), finely chopped
- 1cm piece fresh ginger, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, quartered
- 1 eschalot, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 16 chicken tenderloins, trimmed
- 1/3 cup Melissa 100% pure stoneground Tahini
- 1 1/2 tablespoons gluten-free tamari
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 200g packet dried rice vermicelli noodles
- 1/4 red cabbage, shredded
- 1 carrot, coarsely grated
- 1 small red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free and nut-free sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 long red chilli, sliced, to serve
- Process lemongrass, ginger, garlic, eschalot and oil in a small food processor until finely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl. Add chicken. Toss to coat. Cover. Refrigerate for 2 hours, if time permits.
- Combine tahini, tamari and coconut milk in a jug. Add lime juice, salt and 1 tablespoon water. Stir until smooth.
- Thread 2 chicken tenderloins onto each skewer. Heat a greased barbecue grill or chargrill pan on medium heat. Cook skewers for 5 minutes each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover loosely with foil. Stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place noodles in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand noodles for 5 minutes or until tender. Using a fork, separate noodles. Drain.
- Toss cabbage, carrot, capsicum, onion and coriander in a bowl. Divide noodles and cabbage mixture among serving plates. Top with skewers. Drizzle with tahini sauce. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and chilli. Serve.