Filter By Special Diets
Showing all 2 results
Birch Benders, Have your cakes & eat ’em too!
At Birch Benders, we are on a mission to bring people together, make your favourite foods better and fill your days with stacks of fun! We believe that great food holds the power to bring people together. Our products speed up the process so you can slow down, enjoy the moment and reconnect with your inner child.
The idea behind Birch Benders was simple: to make pancakes that are better than at a restaurant and easier than from scratch. We have hounded over every recipe, personally tested every ingredient, and the result is delicious. We put in the time so you don’t have to.
Our pancake & waffle mixes have it all – convenience, deliciousness, and quality. Just add water, mix, and make for pancakes & waffles in minutes! We went searching the earth for the finest natural & non-GMO ingredients and obsessed over every recipe to ensure culinary perfection.
Below are our best tips for cooking the perfect pancake:
- Lightly grease your griddle, skillet, or cast iron pan. We like to use about a tablespoon of vegetable oil, coconut oil, or butter, and a paper towel to quickly spread and wipe off excess.
- Heat griddle to medium-high heat. The pan is hot enough when a drop of water sizzles off quickly after touching the pan.
- Add Birch Benders Mix and water to a bowl and mix until just combined. Do not overmix— batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Using a 1/4 cup measure, scoop the batter onto the pan, one or two pancakes at a time.
- Cook until bubbles form and sides are beginning to dry, about three minutes.
- Flip once and cook about one minute more. Avoid the temptation to pat the pancakes down during cooking!
- Remove from heat. Serve immediately or place in a 95°C oven if making a larger batch.
- To save for a later occasion, wrap tightly or place in airtight container and store in the refrigerator or freezer.