Ayam Hoisin Gluten Free Sauce
Ayam Hoisin Gluten Free Sauce is the sauce you need to stock up in your Kitchen Pantry! Sweet and tangy, ideal as a marinade for meat, as a dipping sauce for spring rolls or dumplings, or use in stir-fry.
AYAM™ Asian Sauces have been tested by an independent laboratory and are certified Gluten Free. AYAM™ has banned genetically modified ingredients, preservatives, added MSG and trans-fat in all AYAM™ products.
Hoisin sauce is a sweet-spicy condiment most often used in Asian-flavored dishes. It packs a flavorful punch and works wonderfully alongside meat and vegetables in stir-fry recipes. Hoisin can also be used as a dipping sauce with spring rolls or any other dipping food that would benefit from an Asian-inspired kick.
Try it as a delicious bbq glaze for meats and vegetables. It is ideal as a marinade to bring both taste and lustre to your grill, BBQ or pan fry. Use it in your favourite stir-fry, create a noodle dish or a plate of fried rice. Make it a tasty dipping sauce for spring rolls, french fries, chicken strips, or broccoli and cauliflower florets. The possibilities are endless!
A recipe to try using Hoisin Sauce
Hoisin Chicken Stir-Fry (Serves 4)
- 400g chicken breasts, thinly sliced widthwise
- 80ml Ayam Hoisin Gluten-Free Sauce
- 80ml (1/3 cup) peanut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 3cm piece ginger, cut into julienne (matchsticks)
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 100g green beans, trimmed, sliced on the diagonal
- A bunch baby pak choy, trimmed, roughly chopped
- One small red capsicum, seeded, thinly sliced
- A small yellow capsicum, seeded, thinly sliced
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- Steamed white long-grain rice, to serve
Place chicken and 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper, then toss to combine. Stand at room temperature for 15 minutes to marinate.
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large wok over high heat. Add chicken and stir-fry for 4 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a plate. Wipe wok clean with a paper towel.
Return wok to high heat with remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Add garlic and ginger, then stir-fry for 2 minutes or until garlic is lightly golden.
Add red onion, beans, pak choy and red and yellow capsicums, then stir-fry for 2 minutes.
Return chicken to wok with spring onions, remaining 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce and 2 tablespoons water.
Stir-fry for a further 3 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender, then season.
- Divide stir-fry among bowls and serve with steamed rice.
Ingredients: Sugar, Water, Fermented Soybeans (Water, Soybeans, Salt, Rice) (28%), Thickener (1422), Salted Lemon (Lemon, Salt), Red Yeast Rice, Sesame Seed, Garlic, Food Acid (260), Chilli, Salt
Allergen Information: Soy, Sesame Seeds