Barilla Gluten Free Elbows 340g
Finally, Barilla Gluten Free Elbows is a gluten-free pasta that tastes like real pasta! Made with corn and rice, our gluten-free pasta contains no GMO ingredients and is certified gluten-free. Due to its great taste and texture, you will feel good about including it into your favourite pasta recipes. Its circle, tubular pasta shape with an extra curve help to hold sauces well, therefore, they are perfect for your favourite macaroni & cheese, summer pasta salad, baked pasta dishes, or tossed with your favourite dairy (like butter and cheese) or tomato-based sauces. Above all, paired elbows with your favourite Barilla pasta sauce, it’s the easiest way to bring the taste of Italy to your table.
- Pasta Type: Elbow macaroni
- State of Readiness: Prepared, heat and serve
- Store: Room temperature
- Additional items included: Does not include sauce or seasoning
- Pasta state: Dry
Some tips for cooking Barilla Pasta
- Don’t forget to add the salt! Once the water begins to boil, consider adding salt. As a rule of thumb, you should use approximately ¼ tablespoon of salt for each cup of water, or add to taste. Pour in the pasta once the salt has dissolved and the water is at a rolling boil. Stir the pasta frequently for the first two minutes and then occasionally until the end of the cooking process. As the pasta absorbs the liquid and expands, the water will enhance the flavour of the cooked pasta.
- Skip the oil in your cooking water! You may have heard that you should add oil to the cooking water when making pasta. But actually, because oil is lighter than water, it will not mix with the pasta and will only sit on top. A good quality pasta such as Barilla will not stick together, making it a perfect choice for any pasta recipe.
- Never rinse pasta after cooking! Rising pasta after cooking is not recommended as it will wash away the great flavour, starch & nutrients. The sauce will bind best when the pasta is promptly removed or strained from the cooking water and immediately combined with the sauce in a separate pan.
- When cooking with sauce take your pasta out a minute early! Approximately 1 minute before the end of the suggested cook time, remove the pasta from the pot of boiling water. In a separate pan, add the strained pasta to sauce. The pasta will finish cooking in the pan with the sauce, which will allow pasta and sauce to truly bind together, creating the best results.
Corn flour, Rice flour, Mono and Diglycerides, No Wheat