Betty Crocker Gluten Free Devil’s Food Cake Mix
Betty Crocker Gluten Free Devil’s Food Cake Mix is truly delicious! You can bake a delicious dessert with this chocolate cake mix that makes a mouth-watering gluten-free devil’s food cake or cupcakes. This wholesome cake mix is made with no preservatives and no artificial flavours and also made in a gluten free processing facility. Prepare the Devil’s Food Cake Mix without the usual mess! Simply add a few simple ingredients as directed and pop in the oven for a sweet treat any time of day
Now coeliacs, gluten intolerant and gluten avoiders can enjoy one of the favourites – Devil’s Food Cake Mix! Made with rice flour and topped with an amazing Chocolate Butter Cream Frosting this cake is endorsed by Coeliac Australia. Not to mention it’s truly delicious!
Life is sweeter with Betty Crocker cakes. No matter the occasion, Betty Crocker has the perfect mix. Celebrate birthdays… Indulge your senses… Or, make one for those “just because” moments. There’s always a good time to eat cake!
Betty’s 4 easy steps for a delicious Devil’s Food Cake!
- 4 extra-large eggs
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 1/2 cup (125ml) vegetable oil
For Chocolate Buttercream Frosting:
- 125g butter softened to room temperature
- 1 tablespoon (20ml) milk
Preheat oven to 180ºC (160ºC Fan forced). Grease a deep 20cm round cake pan with cooking spray. Line the base with baking paper. it’s baking time!
- Beat cake mix, eggs, water and vegetable oil in a large bowl with electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds. Then on medium speed for 2 minutes. Do not eat batter as it contains raw eggs. Pour into pan.
- Bake for 45 – 50 mins or until a skewer inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes in the pan and then gently remove from the pan onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make chocolate buttercream frosting, beat butter in a medium bowl with an electric mixer o high speed for 3 – 5 minutes or until butter is pale and creamy. Reduce speed to medium, gradually add Chocolate Buttercream Mix (1 tablespoon at a time). continue mixing until well-combined. Add milk and beat on high for a further minute.
- Spread chocolate buttercream frosting over the top of cooled cake.
Note: Do allow the cake to cool before frosting.
- Cake Mix (77%): Rice flour, sugar, cocoa (7%), potato starch, vegetable oil, maize starch, raising agents (sodium bicarbonate, sodium acid pyrophosphate), salt, thickener (xanthan gum), natural vanilla flavour.
- Chocolate buttercream frosting mix (23%): Sugar, dextrose, cocoa (21%), vegetable oil, whey powder, modified corn starch (1422), maize starch, natural vanilla flavour.
- Cake Mix may contain milk, soy and egg.
- Frosting Mix contains milk ingredients and may contain soy and egg.