Japanese Gluten Free Soy Sauce 150ml
This naturally brews gluten free soy sauce is in compliance with the free food standard code of Japan. It only uses selected ingredients. In addition, no artificial flavours, no artificial colours, no artificial preservatives are added. Thus, this results in a smooth, savoury taste which enhances the flavour of food without being overpowering.
Japanese Gluten Free Soy Sauce is made from soy, salt and brewer’s alcohol. It is the basic sauce for all Japanese cuisine due to its rich, umami taste. You use the soy sauce as a cooking sauce or as a condiment to bring out the flavour of any dish, Soy sauce can add directly to food, use as a dip, use to season meat, or add it for flavour in cooking. It is also used to dip with sushi, sashimi, and sashimi. You can also mix them with ground wasabi. Bottles of soy sauce can be found at dining tables in Japan as a common seasoning.
Use the Soy Sauce to create Crispy Fishcakes
Here is what you need
- 85g breadcrumbs
- 200g taro potatoes or regular potato
- 20g shelled edamame
- 200g cod
- 1/2 carrot
- 1/2 onion
- 2 tsp milk
- 1 beaten egg
- 1.5 tbsp soy sauce
- Boil the cod in a saucepan until cooked through. Peel the carrot and onion and chop into small pieces before frying with the shelled edamame in a pan with a bit of oil.
2. Peel the taro potatoes. Cut into slices. Place in the microwave for 4 mins or boil in a saucepan until tender. Once cooked, drain and place in a bowl. Add the milk, a pinch of salt and mash.
3. Add the onion, carrot and edamame to the mash and mix well. Cut the fish into small pieces, add to the bowl and mix thoroughly. Add the soy sauce and mix again.
4. Make 4 small round cakes using your hands covered in a bit of flour to stop sticking.
5. Spread the breadcrumbs on a plate and beat an egg. Dip the fishcakes into the egg before rolling in the breadcrumbs coating evenly.
6. Fry the fishcakes on a medium heat on both sides until golden. Serve with chopped shiso leaf and a slice of lemon.
Preservation method: Avoid direct sunlight, please save at room temperature. Please keep it in the refrigerator after opening.
Ingredients: Soy, salt, alcohol.