Japanese Namisato Fried Batter Flour
Japanese Namisato Fried Batter Flour is a mixed powder using domestic rice flour and brown rice flour. As it is a rice-based Karaage powder, it absorbs less oil during frying and is refreshingly healthy. It has a gentle flavour that is familiar to a wide range of generations. Our flour does not contain gluten, it can be eaten with peace of mind by those who are practising gluten-free life and those who are allergic to wheat.
Rice flour is ground to a finer grain than wheat flours, so the food coated with rice flour batter will crisp and brown quicker than the traditional flour variation. Rice also does not contain gluten which makes the crust more tender and light, crispy rather than crunchy, because it does not have the gluten strands within the batter.
How to make Fried Chicken:
- Japanese Namisato Fried Batter Flour – 170g
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon sake
- 25 grams of fresh ginger (grated)
- 900 grams skin-on boneless chicken thighs (cut into bite-size pieces)
- Vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1/2 lemon (sliced into wedges for serving)
- Whisk the soy sauce, sake and ginger together in a bowl to combine.
- Add the chicken and mix well to ensure each piece of chicken is coated with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate, allowing the chicken to marinate for at least 1 hour or up to 4 hours.
When you are ready to fry the chicken, add 1 inch of vegetable oil in a heavy-bottomed pot and heat until the oil reaches 170ºC. Prepare a paper towel-lined rack.
While you wait for the oil to come up to temperature, dredge the marinated chicken in rice flour to coat each piece evenly and set the pieces of coated chicken on a tray.
- When the oil ready, fry the coated chicken in batches. Don’t overcrowd the pot. Go by batches according to chicken that is roughly the same size.
- When the chicken hits an internal temperature of 71ºC, transfer them to the prepared rack and let them rest for a few minutes before serving them.
Check out another recipe using Japanese Namisato Fried Batter Flour here – Karaage Japanese Fried Chicken
Possibility of contamination: Milk, Wheat, Soybean
Storage method: Please store away from direct sunlight and high temperature and humidity.
Ingredients: Rice flour (domestic), brown rice flour (domestic), salt, trehalose
*Per 100g (This indication is a guideline)
Energy – 368kcal
Protein – 5.8g
Lipid – 1.0 g
Carbohydrate – 76.0g
Salt equivalent – 5.0g