Japanese No Sugar Added Steamed Bread
A Japanese No Sugar Added Steamed Bread that does not use any of the seven major allergen ingredients (egg, milk, wheat, buckwheat, peanut, shrimp, and crab). No containers or weighing needed. Simply add water to the package bag and heat it in the microwave to make a steamed bread with a light texture in 3 minutes. Using white sorghum powder, it is able to give the steamed bread a texture similar to wheat. Ingredients are from natural crops that are strong in the natural environment and cultivate with relatively few pesticides. The baking powder in the package does not use aluminium and the thickening polysaccharides are from natural food additives.
Shield Lactic Acid Bacteria® is one of the ingredients in this product. It is one of the many lactic acid bacteria of human origin. In addition, Shield lactic acid bacterium aids in protecting the intestinal tract immune system. Shield lactic acid bacterium (trademark of Morinaga Milk Industry Co., Ltd.) is a human-derived lactic acid bacterium that is safe even if you have a milk allergy.
Another ingredient is Sake Lees powder. They are what is left after the sake has been pressed out of the mash. In Japanese, it is ‘sake kasu’ and home cooking uses them in many ways to create wonderfully complex flavoured dishes during the winter sake brewing season. It is also a pickling agent traditionally that is useful to human’s digestive health. Sake lees powder gives a faint sweetness and flavour like fermented bread. Since sake lees powder is part of the ingredients, a small amount (0.01 g or less) of alcohol is included. However, after heating, it becomes 0% alcohol, leaving only the flavour.
Good to know:
- Gluten-Free & Vegan Compatible
- Allergy obligation. The recommended 27 allergen items are not in use.
- White sorghum flour is used to give a texture similar to wheat flour. White sorghum is a kind of high grain in the grass family. It is said to be the “4th grain” following wheat, soybeans, and corn. Moreover, white sorghum flour is gluten-free.
- Raw materials are natural occurring crops that are strong against the natural environment and cultivated with relatively few pesticides
- Baking powder is aluminium-free.
- Thickening polysaccharides are naturally derived food additives.
- This product is manufactured in a factory exclusively for white sorghum.
- The product can be made with a steamer too
How to make
- Cut along the cut line of the bag, remove oxygen scavenger.
- Open the bag wide. Align the powder to the brown dotted line. Add in water / flavoured milk / soy milk (about 120cc) and align it to the blue dotted line.
- Mix thoroughly until there are no lumps with the spoon. Powder tends to accumulate on the bottom and corners. Do mix well. You may also add in 1 tablespoon of rapeseed oil or salad oil and mix quickly.
- Lightly tap the bag on the tabletop a few times.
- Place the bag upright in the centre of the microwave to cook. The dough will swell up to about half of the bag.
– Heating time: 500 W: 3 minutes, 600 W: 2 minutes 30 seconds
- Hold the left and right “hold” marks, remove them from the microwave. Gently shake to release steamed bread from the packaging.
- Make sure that the bread is cool before consuming.
- Use up at once after opening.
- Please do not use if the bag touches the ceiling inside the microwave oven.
- Do not heat more than 2 bags together.
- Be careful of burns as the bag and contents are hot after heating.
- Be careful not to get injured, such as cutting your hand when opening.
- Consume as soon as possible after cooking.
- The bag is to use only once. Do not use more than once.
- This product does not use allergic specific ingredients and is manufactured in a dedicated factory, but if you are very sensitive to allergic symptoms with gluten ingredients, please use it with caution. We recommend that you start with a small amount.
- “If you use carbonated water instead of water, it will be fluffier!
- If you want to moisten the dough, change it to oil (about 1 teaspoon) + water or soy milk (up to the line)
* You can use any oil you like, but after kneading the dough, mix it with rapeseed oil or olive oil Please
- You can make steamed bread with your favourite sweetness using 100% fruit juice such as apple juice or maple sugar.
- It can be cut cleanly by slicing it with a kitchen knife that has been heated to remove coarse heat.
Ingredients: White sorghum powder (manufactured domestically), sake lees powder, germicidal lactic acid bacteria powder/baking powder, thickening polysaccharides
Nutritional Content: Per 80g
- Energy: 261 kcal
- Protein: 7 g
- Lipid: 1 g
- Carbohydrate: 57 g
- Sodium: 2 mg
- Salt equivalent: 0.005g
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Magnesium: 50mg
- Shielded Lactic Acid Bacteria: 10 billion (approx. 1 day)
Note: This product contains an oxygen absorber to maintain quality, so be sure to remove it before use. After opening, please use up at once to prevent moisture absorption, insect damage and odour. Avoid direct sunlight, please store in a cool, dry place.