Japanese Sakurai Food Okonomiyaki Flour
Japanese Sakurai Food Okonomiyaki Flour is okonomiyaki powder made mainly from rice produced by Kataoka in Gifu prefecture. Ingredients used include organic chickpea bean flour from the United States, contract potato cultivated potato starch, and domestically grown shiitake mushroom powder. Instead of baking powder, we used baking soda from Inner Mongolia and did not use wheat or animal raw materials.
Recipe For Okonomiyaki
Ingredients (for about 10 pieces)
- Okonomiyaki powder 100g
- 1 egg
- 100ml water
- 1/4 cabbage (about 200-250g)
- Other ingredients you can also prepare according to your preference: red ginger, green onion, corn, tomato, cheese, whitebait, fish paste, fish sausage, green onions, pork, sauces, mayonnaise, soy sauce, dried bonito
- Chop the cabbage into fine pieces.
- Cut the preferred ingredients into pieces that are easy to eat.
- Add okonomiyaki powder, eggs and water to a bowl and mix until smooth.
- Add in chopped cabbage and tempura and mix the dough thoroughly.
- Warm the hot plate to 200 ° C and spread a thin layer of oil.
- Gently drop a ball of dough (1/2 cup) onto the hot plate.
- Spread the dough for 1/2 cup of a ball into a circle.
- Place the wooden spatula on the dough by pushing it lightly.
- Turn over when the backside is brown. * Do not press the dough with a spatula when turning it over. If you do not press it, it will be fluffy.
- Bake for another 3 to 4 minutes, and then add sauce and bonito flakes when both sides have a brown colour.
Recipe For Takoyaki using Okonomiyaki powder
- Okonomiyaki powder 50g
- Water 150cc
- Tako 12 pieces cut into 1 cm square
- Slightly chopped red ginger
- A little bit of green onion
- Katsuobushi (bonito flakes)
- Takoyaki sauce
- Mayonnaise of your choice
- Takoyaki rotating-beam (Similar to a cooking needle. In the case of an electric takoyaki machine with a fluorine treatment, it is better to use bamboo skewers so as not to scratch it.)
- Prepare ingredients
- Cut the octopus into 1 cm square pieces, cut the green onion into small pieces, and chop the red ginger.
- Put 50g of Okonomiyaki powder in a bowl, add water and mix well to prevent lumps.
- Pour a little oil into the takoyaki machine and warm it to about 220 degrees.
- Pour the dough into the hole of the takoyaki machine. If you do not have a dedicated dough pourer, use a measuring cup instead.
- Next, quickly add the takoyaki, tempura, green onion, and red ginger of the ingredients.
- When the colour of the takoyaki dough on the edge of the hole changes, turn the takoyaki with a beam (a cooking needle or bamboo skewers, etc.) and turn it over.
- If it’s connected to the takoyaki dough in the next hole, roll the beam along the hole and cut it upside down.
- Insert the protruding dough and ingredients into the takoyaki with a beam.
- Rotate the takoyaki evenly with the beam, and when the takoyaki turns a dark fox colour, the takoyaki is crispy on the outside.
Preservation method: Please store away from direct sunlight and high temperature and humidity.
- After opening, be sure to seal tightly and store in a cool and dark place.
- Depending on the ingredients of umami, precipitates may appear, but the quality remains the same.
- Eggs and milk are used on the production line of this product. We also manufacture the used products.
Ingredients: Rice flour, organic chickpea beans powder, potato starch, kelp powder, salt, shiitake powder, expander (baking soda)