Orgran Buckwheat Pancake Mix 375g
Above all, Orgran Buckwheat Pancake Mix 375g – wholesome and contains no added cane sugar making delicious and nutritious pancakes the whole family will enjoy. Also, Buckwheat, the main ingredient, part of the rhubarb family of plants and considered to the best known source of high biological protein in the plant kingdom.
Furthermore, all natural ingredients in Orgran Buckwheat Pancake Mix is free from the 8 most common food allergies in the world, giving you added peace of mind for all your baking needs. Gluten free, Wheat free, Vegan, Nut free, Non-GMO, Egg free, Yeast free, Soy free and Dairy free!
Suggested Recipe: Buckwheat & Coconut Pancakes
Ingredients (Serves: 12)
- 1 x 375 packet Orgran Buckwheat Pancake Mix
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 3 eggs
- 70 grams soft butter or monounsaturated margarine
- 1 x 375g can coconut flavoured evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1. Firstly, lace all the ingredients into the bowl of an electric blender. Blend until ingredients are well combined.
2. If using an electric pancake cooker, cook pancakes according to the manufacturer’s instructions. If using an electric frypan, heat to 160°C (325°F). (Point No 5-6 on a dial of 1-10.) Pan will cook pancakes more evenly if it is seasoned first. This is done by melting 1 teaspoon of butter in pan. Spread butter over base of pan. Heat until butter is golden brown. Using paper towel, wipe butter from pan.
3. Then, spray pan with cooking spray.
4. Place 2 tablespoons of mixture into pan for each pancake.
5. Cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Turn and cook on reverse side until golden brown.
6. Place plastic wrap over a fine wire rack. When cooked, remove pancakes from frypan and place onto wire rack. Cover with plastic wrap to prevent drying out.
Tip: Pancakes can be cooked in an electric pancake cooker. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for cooking.
Ingredients: Buckwheat Flour (49%), Tapioca Starch, Rice Flour, Maize Starch, Raising Agents: Monocalcium Phosphate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Calcium Carbonate. Potato Starch, Acidity Regulator: Citric Acid. Vegetable Gum (Stabiliser): Methylcellulose