Orgran Gluten Free Vegetable Gravy Mix 200g
Orgran Gluten Free Vegetable Gravy Mix is a quality product that is produced from all vegetable derived ingredients. The flavourful smooth sauce is nonetheless naturally wheat free. In addition to gluten free with no added yeast extracts, cane sugar, dairy as well as MSG.
This product adds traditional great flavour to any roast. In addition, by using Orgran Gluten Free Vegetable Gravy Mix 200g, it is an ideal flavour booster and thickener when added to soups as well as casseroles.
Ingredients: Maize Starch, Salt, Vegetable Protein extract from corn, Onion, Natural Caramel Colour, Emulsifier (Vegetable Derived Monoglycerides).
Suggested Recipe: Vegan Cauliflower Steaks with Mushroom Gravy
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
What You’ll Need:
- 1 cauliflower, washed, cut into 4cm thick slices
- Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 150 grams button mushrooms, sliced
- Sea salt & pepper
- 150 grams oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 30 grams Orgran vegetable gravy mix
- 350 ml cold water
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Green salad
- First preheat oven to 180°C fan forced and arrange large tray with baking paper.
- Place cauliflower steaks onto tray and drizzle with olive oil on both sides. Sprinkle with sea salt, pepper and thyme leaves. Next place in oven for 15 mins, flip over and remake for a further 15 mins.
- Meanwhile prepare the mushroom gravy. Add the sliced mushrooms to a wide pan with a drizzle of olive oil and sauté whilst stirring continuously for 2 mins. Turn off heat and set aside.
- Now prepare the vegetable gravy mix. In a saucepan add the gravy mix with cold water and using a whisk continuously stir until brings to boil and has just begun to thicken. Take off heat and immediately add to mushrooms. Combine well.
- Finally serve cauliflower steaks immediately topped with the hot mushroom gravy sauce, a fresh sprinkling of ground pepper and fresh parsley leaves and a side green salad.