QUINOA PUFF FATTOUSH
Ingredients (QUINOA PUFF FATTOUSH):
- 1 english cucumber (seedless), peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 tomatoes, diced into chunks or use 2 cans finely chopped tomatoes
- 1 shallot, rinsed and chopped coarsely
- 3-5 leaves of romaine lettuce, torn into large pieces
- 3 red radishes, sliced thinly
- handful of fresh herbs (parsley and mint are best but you can also add dill)
- sumac (optional)
- lemon juice
- Extra Virgin Olive oil
- course salt
- 1x bag of quinoa puffs
- Combine all of the vegetables and herbs in a bowl and set aside.
- Take quinoa puffs bag and beat with a spoon to break down the puffs.
- Dress salad with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and sumac. Adding ground dried sumac (available at most specialty or ethnic stores) adds a nice tart flavor and offsets the salty crunchy of the puffs.
- Mix in puffs and serve.
- This salad can be prepared hours before serving and it still maintains its crunch!