Quinoa Salad- Quinoa is one of the most protein-rich foods we can eat. It is a complete protein containing all nine essential amino acids. Not only is it healthy and packed with healthy ingredients – it tastes great!
Quinoa is one of my favourite “superfoods” and in salad form, it combines with other vegetables to make a well-rounded and healthy meal. This quinoa salad is fresh, light, a little tangy, filling, and so flavorful. The veggies work so well with the quinoa and the dressing goes perfectly with everything else.
- 4 large jalapeños, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon macadamia oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed well
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled queso fresco or feta cheese
- 1/4 cup muesli, toasted
- 1/2 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Cook quinoa in 2 cups of hot water, reduce to medium heat and cook for about 20 minutes till all the water disappears.
- Transfer to a large bowl and set aside to let cool.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Toss jalapeños with 1 teaspoon of the oil and salt, transfer to a baking sheet and roast until soft and slightly blackened, about 20 minutes.
- Set aside to let cool.
- Whisk together lime juice and salt. Drizzle in remaining ¼ cup oil while continuing to whisk constantly.
- Pour this dressing over quinoa, add jalapeños, green onions, queso fresco, pumpkin seeds, grapes and cilantro and toss gently to combine.