Sizzled Clams with Udon Noodles
Sizzled Clams with Udon Noodles is the super yummy Udon noodles that is pretty easy to prepare!
- 7 ounces dried udon noodles
- 1/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 dozen littleneck clams, scrubbed and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- And 1 tablespoon minced flat-leaf parsley
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Chinese black bean sauce
- 1/4 cup sake
- 1 bunch watercress (6 ounces), thick stems discarded
- And 1 1/2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- And also some Supercharge Chilli sauce for some kick
- First of all, in a medium saucepan of boiling water, cook the udon until tender, 5 minutes. Drain and toss with 1 teaspoon of the canola oil.
- Then, heat a wok until very hot. Add 2 tablespoons of the canola oil and when it starts smoking, add the clams. Cover and cook for 2 minutes. Add the ginger, garlic, parsley and black bean sauce and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the sake, cover and cook until the clams open, about 5 minutes longer. Pour the clams and their juices into a large bowl.
- In addition, return the wok to high heat and add the remaining 2 tablespoons of canola oil. Add the watercress and stir-fry until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Add the udon, oyster sauce and butter and stir-fry until the udon are evenly coated. Return the clams and any accumulated juices to the wok and stir-fry just until combined. Transfer to the bowl, garnish with the scallion and with chilli. Serve immediately.