Sizzled Clams with Udon Noodles
Sizzled Clams with Udon Noodles is the super yummy noodles that are pretty easy to prepare!
- 1 pack of udon noodles
- 1/4 cup + 1 teaspoon oil
- 12 clams, scrubbed and rinsed
- A tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- A tablespoon minced flat-leaf parsley
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Chinese black bean sauce
- 1/4 cup sake
- 1 bunch watercress, thick stems discarded
- And 1 1/2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- And also some chilli sauce for some punch
- First of all, in a medium saucepan of boiling water, cook the udon until tender, 5 minutes. Drain and toss with 1 teaspoon of the canola oil.
- Then, heat a wok until very hot. Add 2 tablespoons of the oil and when it starts smoking, add the clams. Cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the ginger, garlic, parsley and black bean sauce and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the sake, cover and cook until the clams open, about 5 minutes longer. Pour the clams and their juices into a large bowl.
- Return the wok to high heat and add the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil. Add the watercress and stir-fry until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
- Add the udon, oyster sauce and butter and stir-fry until the udon is evenly coated. Return the clams and any accumulated juices to the wok and stir-fry just until combined.
- Transfer to the bowl, garnish with the scallion and with chilli. Serve immediately.