Sweet Green Pancakes
Sweet Green Pancakes – A gluten-free pancake recipe made with a few simple ingredients that make fluffy pancakes every time! Pancakes have always been one of my favourite foods. There’s something about a fluffy stack of pancakes covered in butter and syrup that makes getting up just a little bit easier.
(MAKES 18-20 SWEET GREEN PANCAKES)
- 3 tbs flaxseed, freshly ground
- 75g kale
- 240ml sweetened vanilla almond milk
- 130g Gluten Free Pancake mix
- 50g sugar
- 1 tbs baking powder
- Your fav. pancake topping, I choose Blueberries!
- Combing the flaxseeds with 80ml warm water and set aside for 15min. to form a gel.
- Meanwhile, scrub the kale leaves clean under running water with your hands, squeezing and wringing it out as you go. Remove the stems.
- Put the kale, flax gel and milk in a food processor and liquefy.
- Combine the pancake mix, sugar and baking powder in a bowl. Pour the kale mixture into the dry ingredients and whisk to a smooth batter.
- Use a 60ml measure to pour the batter onto a heated, griddle pan set over low heat, flipping once when cooked through and golden brown. Keep the pancakes warm as you make the remaining pancakes.