Veal Scaloppine- A great meal for any night of the week.
Servings: 4 servings
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
- Garlic and Chilli Oil
- Piccalilli Chilli
- Tomato Relish
- Tomato Sauce
- 500 grams Veal (rump) or young yearling meat, sliced into strips
- 1 large onion sliced
- 1 red capsicum sliced
- 3 cloves garlic sliced
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- With 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
- sea salt, freshly gound pepper, a little paprika
- 50ml of dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons of gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon of chicken booster seasoning
- Vegetables as a side dish: Mash Potato, with Garlic French Beans with toasted sesame seed and butter, and whole baby carrots smothered in honey glaze
- Firstly, in a large pan drizzle a little of Garlic & Chilli Oil, bring to the heat. Then add the veal, stirring, browning the meat gently.
- Secondly, add the onion, capsicum, garlic and a dash of salt & pepper with the paprika, add the white wine and continue to cook for about 35 minutes on a medium heat.
- Taste the meat to make sure it’s tender. Add 125 grams of piccalilli mixed with 125 grams of tomato relish, if the dish appears to need a little extra juice, add 125 ml of tomato sauce.
- In addition, this dish can be thickened if so desired by adding a little chicken booster with the flour, and a little stock or water.
- Sprinkle oregano and basil with the parsley over the meat, stir well so to mix through for a minute or so, then serve immediately with the garden fresh vegetables.
- Furthermore, this is a truly authentic Italian dish to enjoy with the family or friends.
- Note: Veal is only seasonal so you may wish to try this dish with chicken which would be just as lovely.